Administrative Assistant in United States of America
Job ID: req1441
Employee Type: nonexempt full-time
Facility: Telework: US
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public's interest.
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through the discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS and emerging infectious diseases.
The Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (BIDS) directorate works collaboratively and helps to fulfill the mission of Frederick National Laboratory in the areas of biomedical informatics and data science by developing and applying world leading data science and computing technologies to basic and applied biomedical research challenges, supporting critical operations, developing and delivering national data resources, and employing leading-edge software and data science to effectively enable and advance clinical trials.
The BIDS Program and Administrative Operations (PAO) group serves the directorate as an operating hub among multiple groups responsible for leading biomedical data science and world-leading data resources supporting the cutting-edge biomedical research.
- Provide procurement support to staff using blanket orders, purchase requisitions, credit card, and online warehouse system
- Data entry into appropriate financial system component (CostPoint, Cor360), status checks on orders, reconciliation of credit card transactions, maintenance of electronic filing systems/order logs
- Providing logistical support for the facilitation of both pre-travel packages and post-travel packages into Deltek T&E while ensuring compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Tracks Discretionary fund usage and reimbursements
- Software renewal management
- Coordinates mandatory trainings
- Track and enter Job Requisitions into Cornerstone
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent; Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- A minimum of three (3) year Administrative experience
- Experience with Windows, MS Office including Word/Excel/Outlook
- Knowledge of the use of proper English/grammar/spelling/punctuation
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of company policies
- Knowledge of federal budgeting and cost management
- Experience with HR, Subcontracts, and Purchasing
- Ability to work with ease in a fast paced, agile environment
- Self-motivated and result-oriented, able to handle multiple projects efficiently
- Ability to multi-task in complex/dynamic operating environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website