Communications Program Manager in Rockville, MD
Communications Program Manager
Job ID: req1439
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Rockville: 9605 MedCtrDr
Location: 9605 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public's interest.
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through the discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS and emerging infectious diseases.
The Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (BIDS) directorate works collaboratively and helps to fulfill the mission of Frederick National Laboratory in the areas of biomedical informatics and data science by developing and applying world leading data science and computing technologies to basic and applied biomedical research challenges, supporting critical operations, developing and delivering national data resources, and employing leading-edge software and data science to effectively enable and advance clinical trials.
The BIDS Program and Administrative Operations (PAO) group serves the directorate as an operating hub among multiple groups responsible for leading biomedical data science and world-leading data resources supporting the cutting-edge biomedical research.
- Manage BIDS Website content with relevant updated information
- Responsible for BIDS internal employee communications
- Manage BIDS PAO and BIDS TEAMS sites with updated information
- Interfaces with TPM's to compile monthly project progress report to be supplied to the government
- Assemble and perform first edits of annual report
- Responsible for creating and maintain BIDS PAO policies and procedure documents
- Assists with workflow efficiencies with BIDS PAO
- Responsible for ensuring Program compliance with all policies and procedures
- Responsible for monitoring policy and procedure changes from Insite and providing BIDS employee notifications
- Support workshop logistics for BIDS organized workshops
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in business, communications or related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education)
- In addition to the education requirements, a minimum four (4) years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of project management principals
- Knowledge of government contracting regulations and various contract types
- Intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of general 508 compliance
- Prior experience providing support to multiple programs and process multiple tasks with a proven ability to collect and analyze information
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with ease in a fast paced, agile environment
- Self-motivated and result-oriented, able to handle multiple projects efficiently
- Ability to multi-task in complex/dynamic operating environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website