Development Associate III/IV in Frederick, MD
Development Associate III/IV
Job ID: req1522
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public's interest.
The Biopharmaceutical Development Program (BDP) of Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. supports the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and other government agencies through the development of novel agents for first-in-man clinical studies.
Level III & IV
- Participate in cell culture and process development for production of clinical materials
- Contribute to the development of cell culture processes for production of proteins and viral vectors in flasks and bioreactors
- Implementing common laboratory method such as purification, ELISA, qPCR and other methods
- Supports laboratory and equipment maintenance
- Understands and applies principles of biosafety to maintain a safe workplace
This position may be filled with a Development Associate III & IV commensurate with the selected candidates experience.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or four (4) years of experience in lieu of a degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- Development Associate III - A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a biological laboratory and familiarity with general laboratory procedures
- Development Associate IV- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a biological laboratory and familiarity with general laboratory procedures
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and viral vectors
- General experience in cell-based assays, cell transfection, and protein assays
- Ability to perform data analysis, draw conclusions, and effectively communicate the results to the manager and team
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and immunizations
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website