Instructional Designer in Frederick, MD
Job ID: req1681
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: ATRF: Other
Location: 8560 Progress Drive, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public's interest.
The Human Resources Directorate, located in Frederick, MD, provides support to 2000+employees in the areas of recruitment and staffing, employee relations and counseling, learning and development, wage and salary administration, Affirmative Action and employee benefits. The Talent Acquisition staff partners with managers and their teams to attract and hire a highly qualified and diverse workforce in a timely and cost-efficient manner. This includes policy guidance, sourcing strategy development and administration of all steps in the hiring process. Our core services and competencies include recruitment and staffing (including internal transfer and employee referral program), relocation assistance, immigration and visa administration, guest researchers, temporary agency staffing and vendor management.
Do you desire to support and help create a strong, innovative learning culture and develop others in order to improve human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS and emerging infectious diseases?
Do you value accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility as a guidepost for how you do your work every day in serving the public's interest?
The Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research Learning & Organizational Development Team is seeking an experienced, innovative and self-motivated Instructional Designer who is passionate about helping to develop others and support our HR/L&D strategy and growing learning and development offer. Someone proficient in major authoring tools in developing interactive e-learning and video, adaptive e-learning, simulations and learning materials.
As an Instructional Designer, you will work across the entire organization and will be a key L&D leader who must foster trust and build relationships effectively to embody the shared mission, vision and values of The Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research and Human Resources Directorate priorities.
- Design and develop effective and highly interactive eLearning and other learning solutions for adult learners in multiple modalities to enhance retention and transfer of learner knowledge and skills
- Collaborate and provide consultation and recommendations to stakeholders and subject matter experts on innovative learning solutions, as well as effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery to meet target audience's learning needs and any regulatory requirements
- Develop learning design documents, storyboards, scripts, e-learning prototypes, learner guides and facilitator resources
- Assist managing user accounts and provide account management support; create, deploy and manage on-line courses and assets, help train stakeholders and administrators, configure and deploy custom environments and user dashboards on Learning Management System (LMS)
- Stay abreast of developments in the field of eLearning and serve as an internal contributor, coach and instructor on best practices, add-on solutions and emerging innovations industry knowledge.
- Support and provide back up to New Employee Orientation program and facilitation
- Help prepare and present webinars and workshops on LMS tool and other instructional design-related pedagogy and technology topics as well as HR L&D topics as needed
- Position has potential for 50% remote working
- Potential candidates must be prepared to demonstrate and show portfolio of work if selected for an interview
- Possession of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in graphic design, instructional design or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirement, a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated on-the-job experience in instructional design, e-learning, and learning & development program curriculum design and facilitation
- Proficiency developing interactive courseware using Articulate 360 or Captivate and other authoring tools to develop interactive and engaging multimedia learning including gaming, graphics, animation, audio, video and other multimedia elements
- Experience defining and developing SCORM- and 508-compliant products
- Experience with Learning Management System administration
- On-the-job experience in instructional design using ADDIE in applying adult learning principles for designing complex specific learning solutions in a blended learning approach and content creation
- Experience leading learning initiatives independently and from cradle-to-grave by developing and utilizing a strong project management framework that have resulted in high-quality customer deliverables
- Working knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with communications and marketing a plus
- Experience with Cornerstone products
- Experience working in a HR and L&D environment or related setting
- Experience working in a scientific, pharmaceutical, clinical or biopharmaceutical industry
- Ability to manage knowledge sharing environments
- Have a strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and welcome changing requirements, even late in development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build relationships with staff and stakeholders and creatively solve problems
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player and positive customer focus attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website