Project Scheduler III in Frederick, MD
Project Scheduler III
Job ID: req1520
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public's interest.
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) mission is to support the NCI at Frederick in their mission to cure cancer and AIDS. FME is responsible for the physical campus - its research laboratory space, administrative space, the infrastructure that supports the buildings, and the landscape that surrounds them. In addition, we are responsible for managing, planning, designing, and construction management of renovations at the FNLCR.
- Responsible for the development and analysis of resource loaded schedules, resource allocation, estimated, and in-depth management studies
- Will work with the project team to ensure that schedule data is accurately interpreted, and that schedule changes and impacts are accurately reflected throughout the complete project cycle
- Coordinate the integration of multiple project schedules into an overall master program schedule
- Work closely with cost analyst to produce reports derived from cost and schedule databases
- Analyze quantitative project control data and produce reports as directed by FME management
- Assist with the monitoring of schedule and cost performance against project baselines
- Track cost and resource utilization with analysis of impact on budget, cost and schedule deadlines
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING APPROVAL
- Possession of an Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a related field (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience including the use of Primavera P6 Project Planner software for development and maintenance of project schedules
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with a proven ability to collect and analyze information.
- Must possess strong customer service orientation and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate in depth understanding of schedule analysis, database management and related reporting tools.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.; Position includes walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing stairs, and exposure to dust or particulates
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- AACE PSP or PMI Scheduling Professional PMI-SP
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Advanced to expert level of experience using Primavera scheduling software.
- Ability to provide data analysis, and advice to customers or management in a professional manner.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and historical information and make recommendations to project management personnel
- Ability to interface and communicate with a wide range of functional areas in a highly technical environment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website