Part-Time Protective Services Officer I in Frederick, MD
Part-Time Protective Services Officer I
Job ID: req1509
Employee Type: nonexempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Our core values of accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity, and versatility serve as a guidepost for how we do our work every day in serving the public's interest.
Protective Services provides 24/7 security coverage for the NCI-Frederick campus, the Pilot Plant, and the Advanced Technology Research Facility (ATRF).
- Perform periodic inspection of all grounds and facilities
- Control access to facilities through the use of a computerized access control system
- Respond to scientific alarms
- Observe surroundings for possible health and safety hazards
This Protective Services Officer will work a part-time shift, Saturday and Sunday, 11:30 a.m. - midnight.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one-year job related or one year of experience at Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc
- Must become First Aid, CPR/AED certified within 60 days of hire date
- Must attend training in hazardous waste operations at the awareness level
- Ability to perform physical duties including:
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and working in confined areas, potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Knowledge of key control and lock systems
- Computer literate
- This position is subject to the environmental conditions such as working outdoors, high humidity areas indoors, dampness and chilling, dry atmospheric conditions, etc. as part of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website